Consulting Phase 2: Discovery
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Learn a variety of methods to efficiently gather and analyze the most important facts to separate the symptoms from the true causes of your client’s problem. Generate relevant, realistic and flexible recommendations to solve the problem for the long term. Clearly and concisely share your recommendations so they’ll be implemented by your client.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as part of the Certificate-Series Collaborative Consulting Training.
- Effectively target the problem to its primary location in the client’s organization
- Develop a realistic and flexible research plan to collect the most important information about the problem and how to solve it
- Select an appropriate standard of performance to assess the magnitude of the problem
- Efficiently implement the research plan in the most effective and practical manner
- Generate relevant, feasible recommendations based upon research results
- Facilitate focused feedback meeting with your client to gain their understanding and commitment
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- Overview of Major Data Collection Methods
- How to Diagnose For-Profit Organizations
- How to Diagnose Nonprofit Organizations
- How to Use Organizational Assessments
- Common Types of Issues in For-Profits
- Common Types of Issues in Nonprofits
- Common Types of Recommendations to Improve For-Profits
- Common Types of Recommendations to Improve Nonprofits
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.