Understanding Yourself as Consultant
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Your personality is the most powerful tool in your consulting. How you interact with clients can make – or break – the success of your consulting. Understand your biases, style of consulting, how you handle conflict and feedback – and what you see and don’t see in your clients’ organizations. Learn to adjust for those features in order to optimize your working relationship with others.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as part of the Certificate-Series Authentic Engagement with Clients.
- Grasp the principles of the overall change process in organizations and illustrate it to others in a meaningful way
- Discover how your nature changes your client, even when you first meet
- Distinguish your primary consulting style and how to adapt it as needed with clients
- Expand your view to see the multiple perspectives within an organizations in order to gain an accurate understanding of your clients’ organizations
- Realize your biases and how they influence you and your clients – then manage them to maximize your abilities as a consultant
- Examine your basic emotional intelligence for more powerful understanding of yourself and your client
- Establish a firm foundation from which to evolve as a highly effective change agent
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- How Do You Respond to Feedback and Conflict?
- How Do You View Organizations?
- Understand Your Biases
- Understanding Yourself as an Instrument of Change
- What Really Motivates You In Your Work?
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.