Standards, Principles and Risks in Consulting
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Immediately recognize risks that can threaten the success of your consulting and your business. Establish your most important principles to navigate the complex ethical challenges that can occur in consulting. Know exactly what to do and whom to involve when needed.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as part of the Certificate-Series Principles in Professional Consulting.
- Establish principles to consult in the most effective manner
- Define “success” with your clients in consulting projects
- Recognize and manage the different types of legal liabilities and risks inherent in consulting
- Determine when to leave a consulting project and how to do it ethically, limiting risk to yourself and client
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- How to Develop a Code of Ethics
- Principles for Effective Consulting
- Principles for Ethical Consulting
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.