Roles, Goals and Reasons in Consulting
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Grasp the foundational concepts, terms and practices you need to know as a consultant. Classify the type of consultant that you are. Understand the most common overall approaches for solving complex problems with clients. Recognize who your real client – your most influential person – is at different times in a project.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as part of the Certificate-Series Principles in Professional Consulting.
- Broaden your definition of consulting to expand your options
- Strengthen your focus to market your services effectively
- Expand your toolbox of approaches to problem solving
- Determine — “Who is my real current client?”
- Build foundations for stronger relationships with internal and external clients
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- Suggested Primary Goals and Working Assumptions for Consultants
- Types of Clients in Consulting Projects
- Organic Approach to Consulting
- Comparison of Internal and External Consultants
- Internal and External Consulting – Two Different Worlds
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.