Making Assignments and Monitoring your Strategic Plan
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Make your plan a reality by developing practical action plans for each strategic priority. Select the best format for your plan document based on its target audience. Finish your plan document by completing the adaptable template provided in the CDI course “Deciding Your Strategic Priorities.” Ensure your plan is implemented or changed as needed.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as a part of the Certificate-Series Facilitating Strategic Planning.
- Develop feasible Action Plans that align and integrate with the organization’s overall goals
- Ensure priorities within your Strategic Plan are addressed with appropriate accountabilities for each
- Clarify the critical success factors for each priority within the Strategic Plan
- Determine the appropriate time span for your Plan – whether a 1-year time frame or longer
- Draft an easy-to-reference Strategic Plan document containing the essential components
- Develop a communication strategy to promote your Plan to suit different groups of stakeholders
- Effectively monitor implementation of the Plan and make adjustments as needed
- Ensure your strategic planning remains relevant, realistic and flexible for your planners and your organizations
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- How to Write Accurate and Useful Action Plans
- How to Conduct a Reality Check of Your Action Plans
- How to Draft a Financial Plan from Your Strategic Plan
- How to Write Your Strategic Plan Document
- How to Ensure Your Strategic Plan Document is Complete
- How to Ensure Your Strategic Plan Will Be Implemented
- How to Communicate Your Strategic Plan
- How to Monitor, Evaluate and Change Your Strategic Plan
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.