Deciding Your Strategic Priorities
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Learn how to efficiently develop a mission statement that reflects the true purpose and priorities of your client’s organization. Identify strategic priorities based – not on wishful thinking – but on real strategic thinking and discussions. Begin completing the course’s adaptable template for a strategic plan.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as a part of the Certificate-Series Facilitating Strategic Planning.
- Develop meaningful mission, vision and values statements that will guide your organization’s leaders to make decisions aligned with your organization’s purpose, vision and values
- Assess key trends outside of your organization and generate lists of significant opportunities and threats facing your organization
- Analyze the operations inside of your organization to determine the strengths and weaknesses for your organization to address
- Using a variety of tools, analyze the results of your findings for consideration and discussion among your organization’s decision-makers
- Use at least one of the provided tools (the SWOT Matrix) to analyze the results of what you found and begin selecting priorities for you Strategic Plan
- Distinguish your organization according to its core competencies and unique value proposition.
- Verify that each of your strategic priorities meets criteria of ‘strategic’ and whether each should be included in the Strategic Plan
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- Adaptable Template for Documenting Your Strategic Plan
- Common Techniques in Facilitating Strategic Planning
- How to Plan Your Mission, Vision and Values Statements
- How to Develop Your Mission, Vision and Values Statements
- How to Take a Wide Look Outside Your Organization
- How to Take a Good Look Inside Your Organization
- How to Decide Your Most Important Strategic Priorities
- Useful Strategic Goals to Develop Your Organization
- Useful Actions to Survive Tight Times
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.