Building Trust, Commitment and Collaboration With Clients
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Your clients will hire you and use your recommendations only if they trust you. In today’s highly stressful and diverse organizations, trust can be hard to earn – and maintain. Know which interpersonal skills are most important, how to use them and when. Nurture successful relationships in any situation.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as part of the Certificate-Series Authentic Engagement with Clients.
- Listen to (not just hear) others, including what they’re conveying and what they actually mean
- Be heard by others, including what you’re conveying and what you actually mean
- Remain authentic: open, honest and respectfully direct with yourself and others to build truthfulness and trust in any situation
- Determine how to share clear, relevant and targeted feedback for the progress and learning of others and yourself
- Recognize and embrace a broader view of diversity for more accurate understanding of issues and how to resolve them
- Turn destructive interpersonal conflict into constructive exchanges to build trust and participation of others
- Transform other’s hidden resistance to change into an open and honest dialogue for mutual benefit
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- How to Recognize Body Language
- How to Share Feedback
- How to Really Be Heard
- How to Really Listen
- How to Manage Interpersonal Conflict
- Key Questions for Acculturating Communications
- How Disconnected Conversations Can Kill Consulting
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.