An Overview of Sensible Strategic Planning
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Understand what is needed to efficiently produce a strategic plan that always remains relevant, realistic and flexible. This course is ideal for orienting your planners to a planning process that will position their organization to thrive well into the future.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as a part of the Certificate-Series Facilitating Strategic Planning.
- Broaden your definition of consulting to expand your options
- Distinguish strategic planning and its applications from the other types of planning in organizations
- Determine the purposes and benefits of strategic planning, including how to share that knowledge with others in your organization
- Translate descriptions of a generic strategic planning process to be specific to your for-profit or nonprofit organization
- Recognize strategic information that should be included, and what should not be in your Strategic Plan document
- Identify the kinds of questions that should be addressed in strategic thinking and the type of thinking that produces the most impactful Strategic Plans
- Grasp the overall strategic framework needed to customize a plan to the needs of your organization
- Begin customizing your planning process, acknowledging different models of planning and the applicability of each
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- An Overview of Sensible Strategic Planning
- Eighteen Tips to Enhance Your Strategic Planning
- Comparison of For-Profit and Nonprofit Strategic Planning
- Glossary of Strategic Planning Terms
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.