Research suggests that students are more motivated and fulfilled during self-directed, online courses when they do the courses with others – with “study buddies”.
Gathering 2-3 other students for an informal study group is not nearly as difficult as some might think. For example:
- Show the description of your CDI Series to your friends, peers and colleagues, to see if they’re interested in joining with you – especially if it’s a free Series.
- Have them view one or more of the videos from the courses with you and discuss its contents.
- Share some of the downloadable tools with others, to show them some of the useful results from the courses.
- Pose some questions to them, for example, about consulting or strategic planning. Then mention the relevant course(s) to them.
- Click on the link Join Peer Learning Group to specify what Series you are in and the best times to meet.