Legal, Policies and Terms
Applicability of These Policies and Terms
- In the following, the term “Services” applies to any of the Consultants Development Institute’s (CDI’s) websites, software, content, course materials, guidelines, etc., intended to provide value to its users (students, instructors, etc.).
- The CDI Website and the Applications are owned and operated by Authenticity.
- If you use any of the Services, then you agree to be bound to all of the policies and terms specified on this page. CDI reserves the right to suspend or terminate your use of its Services if you have been found to have violated any of the policies and terms.
- CDI reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of the policies and terms at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of changes to the information will mean you accept those changes.
Rights of Ownership Policy
- “Consultants Development Institute” and any other marks or logos used in conjunction with the Services are a trademark of Authenticity Consulting, LLC or their licensors.
- The design and contents of the Services, including this website and all of its pages, is copyrighted, with all rights reserved by CDI, unless explicitly written otherwise.
- You retain all rights and ownership of — and responsibilities for — all content that you provide (e.g., essays, commentary in forums, quizzes, etc.) when using a CDI service, including in any correspondence and courses with CDI personnel, students and instructors. However, you grant CDI the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free right to retain that content where it is needed by CSI to perform the Services or for the ongoing value and integrity of the correspondence and courses (e.g., a useful comment in a forum that explains a concept in a course).
- CDI hereby grants you a limited, non-transferable, non-assignable, non-exclusive, right and license to use the Services for your personal use and use within your organization.
- You may download Services materials from the CDI website and its pages to be used only by you and not for commercial purposes. Your usage of the content owned by CDI or any of its other users does not imply your ownership of that content.
Usage of Materials and Accounts Policy
- Your login information, including usernames and passwords, to the CDI courses is for your use only.
- Any materials that students obtain through CDI (e.g., handouts from courses, templates, etc.) is for the student’s personal use only, and is not to be duplicated or distributed without expressed consent from a principal of CDI. We encourage you to watch and discuss the videos in the courses with others to enhance their learning and yours.
- You are prohibited from using the Services in a manner that harasses others, attempts to access their accounts, violates their ownership rights or is intended to commit an illegal act. (See “Honor Code Policy”.)
- CDI reserves the right to remove content that violates any of its terms or policies.
- Accounts that have been inactive for 60 continuous calendar days will be suspended.
- Courses must be completed within 30 days from enrollment. Series must be completed within 60 days.
- If you believe that your rights of ownership have been infringed upon, then read the considerations and options for you in the Copyright and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Changes, Modifications and Cancellations Policy
- CDI reserves the right to modify, cancel or reschedule a Service. You can be reimbursed the fee or change that Service to the extent that for use of such Service is materially impacted by such changes.
- CDI reserves the right to change any of its fees at any time, and changes will be effective immediately to any current and new Services, unless you have previously enrolled or otherwise contracted with CDI for a previous amount of fees. CDI will promptly post notifications of the fee changes in its webpages and other official communications.
- All payments are in US dollars.
- Payment of the fee for an individual course must be made at the time of enrollment. Payment can be made via major credit cards.
- Payment of the fee for a Series must be made before the beginning of the first course in the Series.
- There is no refund of the fee for an individual course.
- Refund of the fee for a Series must be applied for, within one week of payment.
- Individuals who decide to pay for a Series after paying for individual courses will be offered a partial refund on their Series equal to the amount they have paid for individual courses.
- Refunds are applicable in the event a service is modified, cancelled or rescheduled in such a way as to adversely affect your enrolled use of that service.
- You will not be issued a refund if you have violated any of CDI’s expressed terms and policies.
Data Security Policy
- Access to your personal data is limited to authorized CDI staff or approved vendors. Although total security does not exist on the Internet or through mobile networks, CDI shall make commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the information that you submit to CDI.
- CDI regularly backs up the software applications, including application software and user data, for reliability and access.
- System access protections and password protections are in place for software applications and user accounts.
- CDI services are provided “as is” and without warranty express or implied. CDI disclaims any liability in regard to your use of CDI’s services.
- The CDI website and the content on its pages might occasionally link to resources on other websites. CDI exercises no control over the content of those websites and is not responsible or liable for the availability, content, advertising, products or other materials on those websites.
- Your access and use of such linked websites, including information, material, products and services therein, is solely at your own risk.
- Each user shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless CDI, from any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, and liabilities, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of that user’s acts or omissions, including claims arising out of that user’s use of those resources on other websites.
Limitation of Liability Policy
- IN NO EVENT SHALL CDI BE LIABLE TO YOU OR THIRD PARTIES FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- CDI’s TOTAL LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES PAID TO CDI BY YOU FOR SERVICES AND MATERIALS IN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRIOR TO DATE THAT ANY LIABILITY OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE.
Authenticity respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requires that the people who use the Site do the same. It is our policy to respond promptly to claims of intellectual property misuse. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing: (1) the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf; (2) identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit Authenticity to locate the material, including the full URL. (4) your name, address, telephone number, and email address. (5) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (6) a statement, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 is:
New Counsel, PLC
233 Park Avenue
- BOTH PARTIES HEREBY AGREE THAT THE STATE COURTS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA FOR HENNEPIN COUNTY OR THE FEDERAL DISTRICT COURTS FOR MINNESOTA SHALL HAVE THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY MATTER OR DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF THE ORDER.
Honor Code Policy
If you use any of CDI’s services, then you are bound by the following
- Information you provide to register for an account and enroll in a course are true and accurate to the utmost of your ability.
- You will create one account, and one account only, in CDI’s Learning Management System.
- Your responses to quizzes, essays in journals, completion of assignments, etc., will be your own work.
- You will not share your work for the purposes of helping another to successful meet requirements in a course or Series.
- You will retain all trademarks, service marks, proprietary notices and copyright notices placed upon information that you enter, or share with others, when using CDI’s services.
Debbie Morrison at Online Learning Insights, who guided the design of the online pedagogy and curriculum
Caitlin Cahill and Jon Fila, who customized the Moodle software that is the platform for the CDI courses
Erin Scott at Wylde Hare, LLC, who developed/designed the site and created custom graphics
Additional Graphics and Images © Andy Katzung
Videos produced by Andy Watson for ANDVD Media
Photographs © 2013 Photos.com, a division of Getty Images
Clip art by Clipart.com
Consultants Development Institute
4008 Lake Drive Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55422
CDI reserves the right to make amendments to the above information at any time, and such amendments will be in effect immediately.
(Effective as of August 4, 2016)