Customizing Your Strategic Planning Process
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
When a strategic plan sits untouched on a shelf, it’s because the planning was not customized to the client’s organization. This course shares practical models, guidelines and handouts to quickly customize a planning process that will produce a relevant, realistic and flexible strategic planning process.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as a part of the Certificate-Series Facilitating Strategic Planning.
- Determine if your organization is ready for the Strategic Planning process
- Organize the most useful and engaged Strategic Planning Committee to ensure a high-quality planning process for your organization
- Select the most appropriate model of Strategic Planning to meet the needs of your organization
- Engage the wisdom and expertise of your Board members to strengthen strategic thinking and discussion
- Outline the role of facilitator to ensure the role provides the expertise and approach needed for an effective planning process
- Gain buy-in and commitment of your employees to the planning and implementation process
- Equip your planners to customize the planning process to the unique needs of your organization and its members
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- Template to Customize Your Strategic Planning Process
- How to Ensure You Are Really Ready for Strategic Planning
- How to Organize Your Strategic Planning Committee
- How to Ensure Your Board is Involved in Strategic Planning
- How to Select the Best Model for Your Strategic Planning
- How to Plan the Facilitation Role
- How to Match Your Planning Process to Your Organization’s Cultures
- How to Train Your Planners About Their Strategic Planning Process
- How to Get Strong Buy-In to Your Strategic Planning
- How to Budget for Your Planning
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.