Consulting Phase 4: Implementation
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Grasp the necessary tools and techniques for you and your client to sustain the motivation and momentum needed to implement all of the action plans to solve your client’s problem. Learn to manage the natural resistance – the client’s and yours – when dealing with change. Efficiently monitor and evaluate status and progress as action plans are implemented. Effectively intervene when needed and in a manner so the client maintains ownership in the implementation.
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as part of the Certificate-Series Collaborative Consulting Training. If the focus of your consulting is primarily on accomplishing significant change in organizations, then you might also take CDI’s course Perspectives on Change in Organizations.
- Reference the most important elements for successful change in organizations
- Use practical guidelines for coaching your client through resistance to progress and learning
- Guide your client to effectively delegate to their employees to sustain momentum during change
- Effectively track the status of the implementation, using a variety of practical tools
- Remain highly professional during the potential challenges that may occur between you and your client
- Recognize when the overall plan should be changed and how to adapt accordingly
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- Checklist to Ensure Implementation of Plans
- How to Deal With Resistance – Yours and Theirs
- Basic Guidelines to Coach for Deep Problem-Solving and Learning
- Client’s Delegation to Maintain Motivation and Momentum
- Tools to Track Implementation of Plans
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.