Perspectives on Change in Organizations
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
This highly focused course and its many practical downloadable tools explain the foundational principles and practices needed for accomplishing successful, significant change in any type of organization, including to ensure continued focus on performance, change and learning. You learn the most common barriers to significant change and how to overcome them. You grasp the most important overall phases, roles and components to always include in your change management plans.
(This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as part of the Certificate-Series Principles in Organizational Consulting. The Certificate-Series Collaborative Consulting Training goes into more breadth, depth and detail about each of the phases to accomplish standard collaborative consulting for most applications of consulting.)
- Recognize the type of change that you and your client are anticipating and determine how to customize the plan to its scope and complexity
- Plan responses to common barriers that occur during all types of change initiatives
- Guide your projects for change using 10 powerful principles for changing any system
- Ensure the most important roles are filled within your plan for change
- Include the 15 most important components in a change-management plan implemented with any type of organization
- Identify how to focus on your client’s most important priorities
- Develop change-management plans that integrate key phases for long-lasting and successful change in any type of organization
Tools & Resources
- Training Video
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Learning Journal
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- Basics for Successful Organizational Change
- Checklist to Assess Client Readiness for Change
- Checklist to Analyze Barriers to Change
- How to Use Organizational Assessments
- How to Understand Culture of Client’s Organization
- Summary of Systems Principles for Change
- Summary of Where to Focus for Change
- Common Types of Issues in For-Profits
- Common Types of Issues in Nonprofits
- Common Types of Recommendations to Improve For-Profits
- Common Types of Recommendations to Improve Nonprofits
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.