Primary Methods—and Myths—in Consulting
60 to 90 minutes
$35 (US funds)
About the Course
Don’t make the mistake of using the wrong method at the wrong time. Know which methods to use and when, and how to switch seamlessly among them. Also, get more clarity with clients by dispelling the most common myths about methods – and about you as an internal or external consultant. (This course includes a broad overview of coaching and facilitating. CDI’s separate courses on each of these two methods include more detailed guidelines and resources.)
This course can be completed as a stand-alone or as part of the Certificate-Series Principles in Professional Consulting.
- Identify and apply the primary methods of consulting
- Recognize which method to use and when
- Transition between methods to maximize use of each
- Determine which methods to use for solving complex problems or implementing change initiatives
- Dispel the most common myths about methods in consulting
Tools & Resources
- Video lecture
- Pre and Post Assessments
- Sources for Additional Learning (recommended interactive exercise(s), book(s), discussion group and questions for reflection about the topic)
- How to Know When to Facilitate, Train or Coach
- Basic Guidelines for Effective Meeting Management
- Basic Guidelines for Effective Questioning
- How to Design Groups for Successful Facilitation
- How to Share Useful Advice
How it Works: To Enroll & Get Started
Create your account. Go to CDI’s learning site. Read the brief “Welcome” section and click on “Create new account”.
Select a course or series. Click on CDI’s Catalog of Courses and Certificate-Series, and select the desired course or series.
Enroll. Click on “Enroll me” in the course or series. Use Paypal for major credit cards, or enter an enrollment key if you have one.
Log-in & Learning Instructions
Log in. If you are not already logged in, then log into CDI’s learning site, using your username and password.
Start your course. Click on your course in the upper right. (For a series, follow the specified order of courses.) In the course, follow “Start Here”.